Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Happy Independence Day!



Today is my 3 year divorce anniversary! Happy independence day to me! Here's a pic of Owen 3 and a half years ago. (I remember this trip because Owen and I went to Vegas about 3 days after I filed divorce, and this is him crawling around on the floor. Kind of a switch in roles here. As I type this I cannot believe I'm the one who went to Vegas. Crazy. I think Owen wanted to gamble a bit, and you know I deprive him of nothing.)


This morning started out pretty bad. The there is now a 6 inch crack in my windshield. Started out as a small dot, but the freezing weather made it lengthen, I suppose.

Second, I get a text from the ex asking me to take him to the airport. Not really that bad, but it stressed me out.



Because of this - He lectures me that Owen needs good shoes for his arches, not the cheap Target shoes I buy. Oh my gosh. This is upsetting for so many reasons. I DO buy him good shoes, they all get stolen and end up at his house! I send him in good shoes, he comes home in Target shoes. So I started buying Target shoes, deciding that I was wasting money. AND I GET A LECTURE. I'm soooo upset about this. But that's all I'll say.

Actually it's not. He takes the good shoes, and sends him home in Target shoes about 2 sizes too big, so that he can "grow into them". That's a nice way of saying, "I'm going going to buy him shoes every 3 years, so hopefully they'll actually fit him for about 6 of those months, and he's pretty much screwed the other 2.5 years."

I feel better now. Okay - what else?


Then Kidd Kraddick's show really really sucked this morning. First - thousands of screaming girls for the Jonas Brothers, then - a big old lecture from the soooo mature J-si to his younger sister. So pointless. When will the sooo successful J-si actually do an entertaining bit? Usually I'm just uncomfortable with them or bored. Today I vote bored.













Here's a pic of Me, Jessica and J-Si a year ago. He actually is kind of cute. But he's served his purpose and can go home now.












The highlight of my morning came when I got to see Owen for a couple minutes and give him a piggy bank Kim had picked up for him at the Irish Festival this weekend. He kept saying, "I wub it! I wub it!" Thank you Kim! You did good.







Did I mention that this is my 3 year divorce anniversary today? Happy independence day to me!



Go Hillary! Yes we will! Yes we will! And here's how we are going to do it together.....

No comments: